Thursday, August 2, 2012

2012 MCI Ottawa Outing

June 23, 2012 was the date of our Ottawa Muskies Canada Outing. Just like last year it was HOT.  Jerry and I teamed up once again and hit the Ottawa river in search of a big girl. We hit Duck island and ran into Tyler with his Petawawa buddies.

There were a couple of spots I knew we should hit, however I am experienced enough at fishing musky to know that I do not know how to fish these types of structure/landscape. I guess that’s a good thing.

It is not unusual for us to go out for a day and not catch a fish but that’s not a day killer.

We did see a wild cloud formation over the city (picture really doesn’t do it justice).

PICT0003

And a highlight for me was getting a fish, although not the species I wanted or even close to the size I wanted, on a new lure design I worked on this summer.

PICT0006

No comments:

Post a Comment