Saturday, September 18, 2010

I Hate Musky Fishing

I just don’t understand why I choose to fish fro musky! Most times I don’t even get to see a fish let alone catch one.

Jerry Paolo and I hit the Rideau thinking that most boaters had packed it in after the September long weekend and boy were we wrong. It was a zoo out there and I hated it. So off to a spot I knew we would be relatively left alone.

So after some time I looked into my box to see what to throw next and I grabbed this new yellow jerk bait I bought. I offered it up to Jerry and he declined so I was really thrilled when I got a fish on it. The little guy did 2 amazing fully out of the water tail dances but then the fish went right and my lure went right.

Did I mention I hate musky fishing?

Some time later I was throwing my super top raider when I had a swing and a miss and we could clearly see the massive wake behind the lure as I reeled in. I suck so bad at figure 8’s that I didn’t have a chance to get this fish and she was a big one too.

After this event Jerry put on and threw out a creeper lure. These 2 seagulls showed way too much interest in his creeper lure and I didn’t think about grabbing my video camera quickly enough to get most of the best action but I got some.

No comments:

Post a Comment